22 May 2009

This week

This week I ordered a Festnetz land line (fixed net) and DSL for our new apartment. I also purchased Alison an iPhone. So when she lands, she'll be all set up. She now has a better phone than I do. Sigh. One of the cool things about having an iPhone over here in Euro-Disney is immediate access to SBB train timetables. There is even a feature called "take me home" which uses Google maps to figure out where you are and then mashes it with the public transportation system to get you home. For the internet kids, it's called a "mash up." You can do them in like 5 minutes or something.


Also, having Google Maps and a GPS at your fingertips while in a foreign country doesn't hurt at all either.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you don't have an iPhone yet! I'm guessing you'll get one soon (if not now, then when the next revision comes out).

I lasted all of two weeks after I gave Heather hers for Christmas before I got one too.