07 June 2009

Ikea vs. the Gurten

During the past week, I've driven a HUGE moving van, a Mercedes Vaneo and an Audi Q5. The Audi was by far the best thing I've ever driven. I had reserved a Passat wagon, but due to fancyness with my campany's relationship with EuropCar, and mostly the fact that I've come to know the lady at EuropCar, she upgraded me for free. It's amazing what we were able to fit into the Audi. I didn't want to give it up at the end of the day.

Everything thus far has been a diesel.

Driving in Switzerland ... is insane. The density of signage is incredible. My only obvious indiscretion (that I'm aware of at least) was following a tram right through the middle of a round-about. Oops! Thank goodness it wasn't a tram stop or I would have been screwed.

I also crammed in some shopping yesterday and managed to pick up a Bodum coffee press. Because A. doesn't drink coffee anymore, it doesn't make much sense to get a fancy espresso maker right now. But believe me, eventually, I will.




And this, is part of the fruits of our labor from yesterday. Ikea trip #2 done. N's room, now has storage for toys and a nice little rug to play on. It is starting to look like a home.





The other thing we did this weekend was head up the Gurten. They have a restaurant up there and a huge play park for the kids with a train, climbing thing, and electric cars. We did the train twice. Woo hoo!

From the top you can see all of Bern, and you can kind of see our neighborhood on the far side. The place was amazing. At least N. thought it was. A. was kind of bored, but she doesn't have to chase him around the whole time. But it's the first place we've found that is big enough to entertain him for a few hours. All the other parks have been too small to really exhaust him.

No comments: