07 August 2009

Compare and Contrast

As I was hanging up my second load of clean laundry on the drying rack sitting on the terrace, I had a flash of comparison.

St. Paul weekday:

1) Make breakfast for Noah and myself, while Noah watches "Arthur."
2) Chat with Colin before he heads to work.
2) Drop Noah off at preschool.
3) Go to the Y to workout.
4) Home to shower, get dressed and ready for the day.
5) Work at home or at the office, depending on the project or contract I'm working on.
6) Run errands.
7) Lunch with friends.
8) Work at home.
9) Pick Noah up from preschool.
10) Noah playdate.
11) Dinner at home.
12) Trip to the park, bath, and bed.

Bern weekday:

1) Check email while I have some caffeine, while Noah watches "Arthur."
2) Make breakfast for the both of us.
3) Chat with Colin before he heads to work.
4) Clean up a bit before Noah and I walk to a playdate or playgroup.
5) Walk home, make lunch, have some rest time.
6) Go to the pool or park or playdate.
7) Make dinner.
8) Clean up and put stuff away while Colin and Noah go to the park.
9) Pjs and bedtime.

Some things change. Some things remain the same.

No comments: