10 September 2009

Guilty Pleasures

A looooong time ago I spent a year at what was at that time called the Institute of German Studies (brought to you by the Lutheran goodness of Concordia College). It was 9 months of staying in the camp-like environment of Waldsee. Stuck out in the woods with pretty much nothing to do but speak German, we managed to get into all sorts of trouble. All we did, all day long, was learn and do German stuff. It was a crazy idea that preceded MTVs Real World idea - the only difference was that we didn't have cameras. Same idea though - kids, nothing to do, chaos ensues. I wish I had some pictures to post - my time there preceded the digital camera era. It actually was a lot of fun.

And one of the most awesomest dinners we ever had was of course wiener schnitzel. The kitchen made it by hand, and it was delicious.

Thus, behold ... "Coop Schweinefleisch paniert nach Wiener Art". Turns out, you can buy a 1kg bag of schnitzel to have in your home! Not the best schnitzel on the planet, but when it is your favorite all time guilty pleasure, it is a 1kg bag of heaven. Just add ketchup. Wow. Yum. Put it on a stick and pretend you are at the State Fair it's that good.

Now if only I could get Noah to like it. If only I could get Noah to eat meat?!? Maybe if I tell him it's just a different kind of toast ...

No comments: