17 October 2009

Behold, the Alpenhorn

It is getting harder and harder to type on my computer at home. I now work more on my WEIRD German/Swiss keyboard than I do on my Macbook Pro. I want to take it in and have the keyboard swapped out for the Swiss one.

Also, we just picked up a region-free DVD player to play all our American DVDs. We've been slogging along using our laptops and a mini DVD player to watch all of N's movies. We've missed being able to watch stuff on the "big screen" so to speak. But now, region free baby!

Also, Bern has a HUGE mall! It's a pretty typical mall as far as malls go. There's a movie theater, a few H&Ms, a Migros, Migros XXX (Sports), and a Migros Electronics shop. But the big news is ... daycare. CHF 2.50 an hour. Un. Be. Lievable. And it's not just daycare. It's an indoor playground with slides, climbing, movies, stories, building blocks, you name it. N Loves it. They have one at the Bahnhof as well. So for Alison and I, and N who HATES shopping, we can drop him off and then do our shopping in peace.

No comments: